Monday, October 11, 2010

Enter The Thoughts

*Curtains rise*
*I step forward from behind the curtains*
*Curtains fall back into place*

wow!....WOW! wahow!
Thank you, thank you all for visiting.
_____________________________

Nervous, excited
Open minds unraveling
Lets take a long walk

Not on the soft beach
Not on the cushioning grass
But sitting down here
_______________

I'm not much for introductions, I mean really, haikus?

I can't write essays because of the solid formats I've been taught to follow.
Formats, fragile like glass.
To me this glass is a thick two-paned window, so reflective you can only see what's on the other side by using your own hands to block out the light. Reinforced by metal bars where you can barely fit your fingertips through.

To my instructors this glass is a fine handmade flute, where a chip or crack creates an imaginary undesirable taste in their fine fermented bubbly.

These are the formats you are expected to follow, you are also to adapt the same mindset on these set of rules if you are to become a doctor, lawyer, engineer etc.

The introduction, a paragraph of information and anecdotes, stating the three topics/points you are going to discuss in the next three paragraphs, as well as restating those three points in your conclusion.
I never did this correctly, and never will the instructors tell you why, unless I was supposed to take "use common sense" as an answer why I failed anything in life, including essays.

I'm here to discuss my thoughts and how other people relate or differ from them.
I'm here to learn to be open minded.
I'm here because taking a standpoint has its consequences.
_______________________________________
"all my life I wantid to be smart and not dumb and my mom always tolld me to try and lern just like Miss Kinnian tells me but its very hard to be smart and even when I lern something in Miss Kinnians class at the school I ferget alot."
- Daniel Keyes, Flowers for Algernon

No comments:

Post a Comment